Most players picking up lacrosse for the first time find it easier to buy a complete stick that's pre strung and good to go. Many first-time players in the UK actually pick the game up at university rather than at youth level so benefit from skipping the real entry level sticks which are geared more towards younger players.
We have listed 5 Intermediate and 5 Entry level sticks which are well worth checking out.
1. ECD Bravo 1 - Whether you’re just getting started or pushing your game to the next level, the Bravo1 ELITE Setup was built for you. Featuring a well rounded head, a pocket fit for the pros, and a high quality alloy shaft, this is ready to play performance at a budget friendly price. Each purchase helps put a stick in the hands of US veterans and active duty military.
2. StringKing Legend Intermediate - Featuring a versatile head, Type 3S mesh, mid pocket and premium alloy shaft for consistent, worry-free performance. Comes ready for game-time with no break-in necessary and no complicated maintenance required. This stick offers high-end performance at an entry-level price, so you can get the stick you need without breaking the bank.
3. Nike Lakota 3 - Although the head is designed for more Elite level players we think this complete set up does offer great value. Durable Performance Mesh and Elite Stringing for exceptional quality. Engineered for the elite-level, all-around player. Tight face shape enhances control and accuracy. Deep bottom rail for mid to high pockets.
4. STX X10 - It's an oldy but a goodie. The X10 has been around a long time but theres a good reason for that, it's still a great stick!
5. Maverik Critik - The Critik Complete delivers high end performance at a value price point. The lightweight design will help take your game to the next level.
1. STX Stallion 200 - For the price you can't beat the Stallion 200. Designed to help players develop proper fundamentals. Easy catching and ball control for all entry-level players.
2. Maverik Charger - If you're looking for a great value entry level lacrosse stick then you'll not go wrong here, the Charger ticks all the boxes for new players. The Charger complete stick is a high performing beginner stick that makes the game easy to learn. Updated with a new semi-soft mesh that's strung to give you increased feel and improved accuracy.
3. StringKing Starter - Although marketed in the US as a stick for new players, ages 10-14 we feel it's still a great option for those picking up lacrosse at university. The Boys' Starter complete lacrosse stick is the perfect combination of convenience, performance, and price as the first stick to introduce new players to the game.
4. STX X10 - Tough call putting the X10 as an entry stick as back in the day it was defiantly a high-end option. It's an oldy but a goodie and the fact that it's now so well priced it makes an excellent first stick that will outlast many other entry sticks on the market. The X10 has been around a long time but there is a good reason for that, it's still a great stick!
5. Nike Alpha LT - Cool looking entry stick from Nike with a durable design for rugged play. High pocket design for easy ground ball pickup.